Thursday, September 29, 2005

agricultural school student essay

11:06 AM

below is a student essay that an english teacher translated into english. i have a sneaking suspicion that it may in fact have been translated through a free online service.. hm. anyhow it is my job to correct it. yippee!


Okinawa-Hawaii Student Exchange Program
- What I hope to gain from the Okinawa-Hawaii Exchange Program-

I have been studied English since I was in third grade of elementary school. Since then, English has been always part of my life and. And gradually I began to think to get a job using English in the future. The more I learned English conversation, the more I was interested in the culture and the customs of other countries which using English. Then I went to Seattle for home staying program for one month when I was junior high school student. Through this program, I learned I have to know not only their language but also their culture correctly, otherwise I would misuse the language and I can’t communicate each other.
In this exchange program, it will be good chance to know about high school students in Hawaii how they spend their life and what they have view in their future or value. Also I would like to learn live English. Furthermore, through exchanging culture and history, we will understand each other deeply. From the second grade of the elementary school, I have learned the calligraphy. So, I will introduce the uniqueness of the calligraphy such as the delicate line of the brush, contrast of the color, black and white and the beauty of blank space of the paper. On the other hand, I was active as a member of the Okinawan dram group, Ryukyu koku matsuridaiko when I was junior high school students. I am sure it can touch Hawaiian people’s heart as an Okinawan traditional entertainment if I perform it. In addition, I would like to think together about world environment issues because my school, Miyako Agricuture and Forestry High School has been devoted to protecting the water pollution of Miyako Island. It is important to think of environmental problem worldly and I will talk to them about it and I would like to know policy about environment and way of conservation in Hawaii.
I hope to join this exchange program to do the substantial exchange with getting the knowledge of culture related closely with Hawaiian people and I will gain these as my knowledge.

View comments: 2 | Click to comment |

MONTHLY ARCHIVES:

July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
October 2007
May 2008
February 2009
August 2009
September 2010